Maddie

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mastini

Female Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Maddie   9th August 2007, 3:29 am

Maddie is looking for a new forever home, a sweet loving girl aged 2 and a half years old. She will be looked after by DBB Welfare until a suitable home is found for her. She will be spayed, wormed, front lined and if possible inoculated before she leaves for her new home. The cost of all this not including her food could be as much as 200. Unfortunately we cannot claim Dog Trust Vouchers which would have paid for most of Maddies op to be spayed as we are helping only one breed, so the cost has to be funded by DDB Welfare . If we are going to continue helping dogues like poor Maddie we must have donations and continue with fundraising events otherwise it will be impossible to give them the help they deserve. Which is why the offer from the UKDDB to donate all their assets from the Club to DDB Welfare would be a great start to a new organisation, please back their decision and agree as this would only benefit the many dogues in need out there. DDB Welfare are here to help all dogues, whatever their circumstances and will continue to help raise funds to donate to those other rescues who are helping our breed.

Please support us.

Visit Maddie at www.ddbwelfare.org.uk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nobbullet
Moderators

Female Number of posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: Maddie   9th August 2007, 4:18 am

i think it's a great idea what the ukddb club are doing with their assets although it is sad that the club has closed.
I hope maddy finds that special home soon hugs
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.laraz-bordeaux.com/site1
mastini

PostSubject: Re: Maddie   9th August 2007, 4:41 am

Thanks for your support as always Gary and Claire
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LizzysDobes

Female Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Maddie   9th August 2007, 5:05 am

Oh no i think the club closing is a terrible idea why? i love visiting their website and seeing the beautiful dogs.i think its a crazy idea to back their decision to shut the club omg no. This club is the reason there was so much raised for welfare in the first place. we need to keep this club going so welfare workers can do it again and again. Surely raising money at every event is better than the club closing and get a one off sum.
i do think there are many worthy causes that need money but to get it you shouldnt have to support the closer of a club. please dont let this happen everyone, if for nothing else we need this club to promote rescue douges.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LizzysDobes

PostSubject: Re: Maddie   9th August 2007, 5:11 am

sorry should of said, hope Maddie is ok.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nobbullet
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Maddie   9th August 2007, 6:12 am

hi i don't think any of us support the closure of the club....i think we all feel sad that the club is closing. Don't really know the ins & outs of why but yes agree it is a shame
Back to top Go down
LizzysDobes

PostSubject: Re: Maddie   9th August 2007, 6:33 am

i dont no much really either just heard bits and bobs from people who are member of the club and other forums, so maybe im the wrong person to comment.im a member of a few forums and i think there are many who are getting together to help the club get back on its feet instead of giving up on it and focusing on their money.i hate to see animals suffering and im surprised that more douge owners are not getting together to save this club so more welfare fundraising if not anything else can happen at their shows.im sad i missed the last show as i so much want a douge baby but if the club closes where is the welfare going to be able to gather that many people again to raise money for rescue douges.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gemma

Female Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Maddie   9th August 2007, 7:15 am

Oh no is the club closing. I wanted to join do you think they will still accept memberships?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mastini

PostSubject: Re: Maddie   9th August 2007, 8:53 am

I have to say that I resent the above remark made which I have highlighted. Why would starting a new club be more beneficial than donating funds into rescue?? Hello........?? And we have never focused on the clubs money, it is their decision to donate their assets to welfare and am surprised that you could object. If the members choose not to agree with there decision then so be it, but the offer has been put forward and I do accept it, gratefully!
As far as I am aware the club gave it's members enough notice over the past 6 weeks or so to come forward and help it survive, so where was everyone then?? It seems to me a lot of people have got just what they wanted in watching the club fold, and now they want to start yet another club ......why?
There is already a club up and running and has been for a long time, why not back this club instead of starting another, surely by having one club until we have our breed off the import register and receiving tickets would be better than having two or more. I really can't understand why people continually want to fight against each other, if you are not happy with the original club then LET THEM KNOW!! The Father of the breed himself Raymond Triquet commented on why there were two clubs and appealed for us all to work together, and of course in the words of another great master of the breed Bas Bosch, quote, 'If all the devotees of the breed would work together it would augur well for the breed in England and help to move the breed forward in a positive way'.
Food for thought perhaps?
As far as where the money is going to come from for welfare if the club closes, well the same place as it has always come, from people who are kind enough to stop and think about those who are suffering and are prepared to do something other than bury their head in the sand and hope the problem goes away. Without everyone's kind donations and help in fostering and transporting dogues about then these dogues would be forgotten. There is a paypal button on the DDB Welfare site which makes donations a very simple process, and we do ask people to run fundraising events, and you do not need a club to run a companion show to once again raise funds for welfare so there are plenty of ways to generate donations or to raise funds.
Yes the club was a great help to DDB Welfare in allowing us to run our auction alongside the club and for that we are grateful, it's a shame it has folded so lets make sure that the funds are used wisely, and continue to support our wonderful breed together as one, not in groups who bicker amongst each other.

Bev
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mastini

PostSubject: Re: Maddie   9th August 2007, 8:56 am

QUOTE: im a member of a few forums and i think there are many who are getting together to help the club get back on its feet instead of giving up on it and focusing on their money QUOTE

Don't know how to add Quote's so this is what I meant to add and highlight as the quote I have spoke about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gemma

Female Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Maddie   9th August 2007, 9:29 am

I have just joined another forum and they want the club to stay open and there is a lot of support for it. I really wanted to join this club so hopefully it will stay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LizzysDobes

PostSubject: Re: Maddie   9th August 2007, 9:31 am

oh god, please dont have a go at me. i just thought it was a shame that there was no concern for the club closing and only talk about the money.i no nothing about the other stuff you speak about,i agree there is a great need for funding for douges its just ive heard there is a few organisations that do a lot for douges too and its seems unfair that there is speak of the moeny going only to one organisation.i dont think it should be up to any committee to decide where the members money goes whether its for charity or not. if i was a member then i would agreed yes it should go to charity but should be divided between the many worthy causes there are.please dont jump on me for having an opinion, i see a lot of hurt and suffering in this world towards animals and one is just as important as the other and a couple of people running a club have no right to decide where 100's of peoples money should go.what should happen is all the people who care about the breed should work together to save the club and use the club to raise awareness for welfare douges.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emmalou

Female Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Maddie   9th August 2007, 11:44 am

maddie is beautiful i had a look on website,

id be tempted myself if i hadnt just started a new job

fingers crossed someone gives her a forever home soon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dogueeee007

Female Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Maddie   9th August 2007, 1:07 pm

Hope the club can be saved..i know i couldn,t make it to the show and meeting afterwards due to work and other commitments but didn't realise the club was in so much trouble enough to fold it.I was taken back when i recieved the letter.
I don,t know if it's true or not but some people put their name forward to go on the committee and seemed to be ignored then next news is the letter saying it was folding???.
If it can,t be saved then i do vote for club funds to go to Dogue welfare etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mandy

Female Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Maddie   9th August 2007, 7:15 pm

Good luck to Maddie, hope someone can give her a forever home soon!

As far as the Club is concerned I too am saddened by the decision to close it! What a shame it's has so many internal issues that have been so apparent from the onset!
It was advertised on the Web-site that the Club required extra commitee members, and applications were invited and a deadline was given! It also stated that there would be a meeting to discuss the future of the club following the July show, letters were not then sent out to members as there was no secretary, however anyone going onto the site to download the Show entry form would have seen all these details on the home page! The club chairman also announced a reminder at the start of the show that the meeting would be after the show! Unfortunately a minority of members were at the meeting, and yes some did put their names forward, I was one of them, none of us want the club to close! However the names dwindled over the first week.
It is unfair to expect just 3 people to run a club, they asked for help, no one applied.............so how important is the club really you may ask? Well considering that the club has only been going since Jan 06 and it's lost all the original founders and committee members what does that tell you as to how important the club was to them and how important to them were their members? Without members there would be no club, but without a committee there also would be no club. A club needs to have a solid committee, it needs a committee that will pull together, agree to disagree, and not leave so soon. The club can only go on with members, of which there are many yes, but if the committee jumps ship and shows no regard for it's members then how can anyone expect a club to thrive? Organising events requires a lot of hard graft and preparation, it was left to 3 people, so now that the current committee have given up, no one can say they didn't go fighting, they pulled off a fantastic show, gave time up to include a space for the welfare and excelled in entries again, well done them for getting that far! The Chairman had been ill, the treasurer a flood victim, but they done it all for the members, we should be congratulating them for going that far!
As far as the decision to donate the clubs assets to Welfare, I think it's more than plain to see that the DDB welfare is there to give support to ALL other Rescue/Welfare Societies that help with Dogues, all the info is stated on the DDB Welfare site! Following the up-date I have put on that site tonight perhaps we should all realise that the future welfare of the breed in this Country is really important!
Whatever the final outcome, if the assets of this club go to Welfare then at least we can all rest assured it's come from the pockets of dogue lovers and owners, personally I can't think of a better place for any of my fees to go!!!
(it is still very sad though that the club is closed, and yes we would have enjoyed an auction for Welfare each time, the members were very generous, well done everyone)! A very sad time for us all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.anneddwen.com
LizzysDobes

PostSubject: Re: Maddie   10th August 2007, 12:57 am

i saw that they needed more committe members on the clubs website i visit it every day but it was never said that the club would close if people didnt come forward,maybe if the club had said this more people would want to help.i dont have a douge (yet) but i would be willinging to help.i dont want to debate with anyone because i dont know enough about what has gone on but i do think doing nothing now and just blaming the prevous committee is a cop out.none of us know why so many left the committee but im very sure it wasnt just for the fun of it,they must of had a reason and i dont think its fair to condem them when we dont know why they left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dogueeee007

Female Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Maddie   10th August 2007, 3:22 am

It would be another embarrassment to the breed if the club closes.
All them that are serious about saving the club should put it in writing to the chairman before the 30th August.

ps i agree it should be a members decision about the funds and it states in the letter any disagreements about their decision can be put in a letter to the chairman,if the club does close i would give a vote for it to go to rescues that support Dogues.

I will miss the input of this club to the breed as it's the only club we support
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laraz
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Maddie   10th August 2007, 5:12 am

bravo Well said Mandy, couldn't of put it better....but you know as much as i do there will always be the same few who will dispute everything to make themselves look better in the breed. When really we all should be pulling together as a breed to continue moving forward.
It is a shame that the club as folded as we really enjoyed the club shows & being a member of the club

PostSubject: Re: Maddie   10th August 2007, 5:26 am

i think it unfair you say that the people trying to save this club are disputing the closure of it to promote them selves,i dont know who it is aimed at but you should be ashamed and should have the guts to take it up with them if you have an issue with it.i dont think you are telling the truth because if you really were sad to see it close you would be doing something about it instead of condeming those that are,i think there is a click on this forum like ive seen with the dobes and it will stick together despite whats really important and thats saving the breed club.you know what i dont know why i even care,i dont even own the breed it should be all you so called breed enthusiasts that are helping support the club putting differences aside but all I can hear is slagging people off.i just thought you should know how it looks to an outsider looking in.no doubt ill be kicked off now for not agreeing with the moderator.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flash&spud

Female Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Maddie   10th August 2007, 7:22 am

I thought this was about Maddie... down down down
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rootitsam
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 458

PostSubject: Re: Maddie   10th August 2007, 7:27 am

Lizzy everyone has their own opion and they are more than entitled to air it on this forum as long as there is no slander or slating of individuals, and no you wont be kicked off for having an opinion we all have to agree to disagree and not let it get in the way of the breed or the friends made here and within the breed itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://breed2show.forumotion.com
flash&spud

Female Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Maddie   10th August 2007, 7:35 am

At this minute i'm embarressed to think what members of other breeds on this forum must think blue sorry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laraz
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Maddie   10th August 2007, 9:23 am

Firstly Lizzie as alot of people on here know i am dyslexic & not very good at getting my words out.
I was NOT replying to your post but was agreeing to Mandy's post as i thought she explained it quite clear & simply what was going on within the club. I haven't said anything what so ever towards people trying to save the club! I didn't know anybody was coz i don't go on any other forums. I too would like to see the club to continue. I personally put my name down at the last show to be on the committee as i wished to keep the club going.
I was not speaking about anyone in general & certainly NOT Becky or Nik from the Emberez Kennels because i have now spoken to Nik as he called me regarding this post on the forum which somebody had copied & emailed to him assuming my post was amied at him . I have explained this to Nik & as far i am concerned he understands what i was saying. If i was on about anyone pacific believe me i would NOT post it on this forum for everybody to see i would say it face to face.

Why should you think you are going to be kicked off this forum for misunderstanding my post or disagreeing with anybody on this forum. EVERYBODY is entitled to their own opinion & airing their views.

PostSubject: Re: Maddie   10th August 2007, 1:29 pm

Lets just say that it is up to the members to make up their own minds up what they are to do with the funds and leave it at that, as it is clear that people are being sent from other forums to cause trouble once again which is pathetic.
This topic was about Maddie who we needed to raise awareness about and should not be forgotten. If you wanted to voice your opinion then maybe you should have thought about joining the club in the first place and then shared your opinions at the meeting that would have been the sensible thing to do.
Now back to Maddie, her pictures are now on the DDB Welfare site along with the shocking picture of the poor dogue who suffered so much in the garden of of her owners. It is a horrible picture but please take a look as we have to realise that this happens and do our best to prevent it to happening ever again.
Bev
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nobbullet
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Maddie   10th August 2007, 1:33 pm

Thanks Bev
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content