Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

caring ddb breeders can we help

Go down 
+6
mastini
gemma
nobbullet
canisred
Mandy
lambretta
10 posters
AuthorMessage
lambretta

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-07-14

caring ddb breeders can we help Empty
PostSubject: caring ddb breeders can we help   caring ddb breeders can we help Empty14th October 2007, 10:36 am

i've just been on the kennel club breeding statistic page and noticed in 2005 ,1951 puppies registered
2006, 2361 puppies registered
Ten minutes later went on ddb welfare site and then i had a idea
IF all the caring and loving ddb breeders out there donated a small sum of money out of each litter they have
eg £20 per puppy or £100 per litter to the welfare
what a difference it would make
Back to top Go down
http://www.roclechar.com
Mandy
Mandy

Female Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: caring ddb breeders can we help   caring ddb breeders can we help Empty14th October 2007, 3:09 pm

Hiya, the statistics are all on the Welfare site from whence the breed was first bred here.........http://www.ddbwelfare.org.uk/page9.html

Your suggestion has been mentioned by a few ddb owners and breeders alike, quite a few breed clubs in other breeds do ask their members for a Welfare/Rescue donation on the sale of a litter, and yes any genuine person with the good of the breed at heart would gladly donate!

There are many topics under discussion at the moment with regard to raising money and finding the correct help and homes for the welfare dogues, and it's wonderful to see that there are those like yourself who are willing to come forward with ideas like this............I for one woukd be up for it...............would love to hear everyone else's views too???

Thanks Rach for bringing this to the attention here xxx 2222
Back to top Go down
http://www.anneddwen.com
canisred
canisred

Female Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: caring ddb breeders can we help   caring ddb breeders can we help Empty14th October 2007, 11:59 pm

bravo thats a great idea bravo
When you look at it there is alot of pups being registered
and a lot of dogue looking for help down
it would be interesting to see how many Breeders back this up good point
Marguerite
Back to top Go down
http://www.canisred.co.uk
nobbullet
Moderators
nobbullet

Female Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: caring ddb breeders can we help   caring ddb breeders can we help Empty15th October 2007, 2:03 am

It's a fantastic idea bravo bravo
Back to top Go down
http://www.laraz-bordeaux.com/site1
gemma

Female Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-07-10

PostSubject: Re: caring ddb breeders can we help   caring ddb breeders can we help Empty15th October 2007, 3:02 am

I think it fantastic idea and was suggested over on another forum ages ago. Hope it works out.
Back to top Go down
mastini
mastini

Female Number of posts : 224

PostSubject: Re: caring ddb breeders can we help   caring ddb breeders can we help Empty15th October 2007, 7:23 am

Yes it has been mentioned before, and people are donating via Paypal which is easy to do as the site has a paypal button on there, or if prefered a cheque can be made payable to DDB Welfare and sent to my address.
The money goes into the DDB Welfare bank account where it is used to help the best we can DDB.
DDB Welfare recently donated £500 to help out Boots and we recently rehomed Kia a nine month old male DDB who Helen Johnson helped out greatly with his adoption.
There have been many wonderful people who have gave such a lot, in both their time and their donations and we need to carry on pulling together for the breed.
My view is that it great to help out in anyway we all can, but as I have said before prevention is better than a cure, and if we all endorse our litters then maybe there will be fewer dogues being sold to pet owners that get bred further down the line to unsuitable stud dogues creating more problems and unwanted litters.
www.ddbwelfare.org.uk
Back to top Go down
debbie49
debbie49

Female Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: caring ddb breeders can we help   caring ddb breeders can we help Empty15th October 2007, 5:09 pm

mastini wrote:
My view is that it great to help out in anyway we all can, but as I have said before prevention is better than a cure, and if we all endorse our litters then maybe there will be fewer dogues being sold to pet owners that get bred further down the line to unsuitable stud dogues creating more problems and unwanted litters.
www.ddbwelfare.org.uk

totally agree..well said bravo bravo bravo

in bullmastiffs we need to do the same 444
Back to top Go down
lambretta

PostSubject: Re: caring ddb breeders can we help   caring ddb breeders can we help Empty16th October 2007, 6:21 am

the topic above was a suggestion how we could rise money to help out the welfare
can anyone tell me what the difference is between a unsuitable stud dog from a suitable stud ?
thanks mark not rach
Back to top Go down
mastini
mastini

Female Number of posts : 224

PostSubject: Re: caring ddb breeders can we help   caring ddb breeders can we help Empty16th October 2007, 9:32 am

lambretta wrote:
the topic above was a suggestion how we could rise money to help out the welfare
can anyone tell me what the difference is between a unsuitable stud dog from a suitable stud ?
thanks mark not rach

The topic was indeed started about how we can raise money for ddbwelfare and as always all ideas are greatly appreciated, and we thank you for yours, but no harm can come by raising the importance of endorsing registrations like I said prevention is better than a cure and the idea of endorsements can only be a good one can't it? And you did mention the statistics of puppies being registered.
I think we all have an idea of what is suitable or not to be bred from or indeed to be used at stud. I do not intend in getting into an argument in what should be a topic which invites everyones opinion on how to do better for the breed, and I know it gets some peoples backs up when the mention of endorsements are put in place. But this is my view and I cannot understand why anyone would not agree with this, or why people would go to great lenths in trying to force breeders to lifting them once they have been put into place.
There have been many great suggestions of raising money, the one above included, another great idea was to have people sponsor a kennel, and hopefully DDB Welfare will be holding a Fun Day next year to raise money.
We appreciate everyones help.
Many Thanks
Bev Graham
Back to top Go down
Kancara
Kancara

Female Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: caring ddb breeders can we help   caring ddb breeders can we help Empty17th October 2007, 1:06 am

i think breeders making a cash donating to dogue welfare is a grand idea and can help dogues in need,i am all for it and will be putting this neat idea to a few breeders where i live
Back to top Go down
Mandy
Mandy

PostSubject: Re: caring ddb breeders can we help   caring ddb breeders can we help Empty17th October 2007, 8:17 pm

Can I just say here, if anyone who donates would like recognition for their donation we are pleased to say so on the DDB Welfare site! I appreciate that there are many who prefer not to have a mention, but it is not a problem either way, we'd be pleased to publish our 'Thanks' if required?

thank you
With regard to Breeders:
This could be seen as a controversial issue, thanking a breeder who donates from the sale of a litter may be seen as advertising breeding, when the site is there to attract potential owners of Welfare Dogues, it has been mentioned that any breeder who donates regularly or donates from the sale of a litter should get a mention............!

Perhaps we could have your views on this subject, but I must stress that the site is NOT to advertise puppies!

Another idea also as Bev has said is Kennel Sponsoring!
There may well be some who could afford to sponsor a Welfare Kennel for a donation, say monthly or yearly.....at a set figure....these kennels would solely be for Welfare Dogues only, and a plaque be placed with the name of the sponsorer, and again a mention on the web-site.....(by anyone who requires it).....however this brings us once more to the advertisement of Breeders, just need to know what everyone thinks on this idea please?

I already have some very interesting views from some conversations I've had regarding this so go for it, honest views are appreciated, unless we put the questions out there then we won't know the thoughts of the public will we???
thank you
Back to top Go down
LizzysDobes

Female Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-07-03

PostSubject: Re: caring ddb breeders can we help   caring ddb breeders can we help Empty18th October 2007, 7:04 am

well done everyone who cares about the breed, their looks to be lots of you pulling together
Back to top Go down
lambretta

PostSubject: Re: caring ddb breeders can we help   caring ddb breeders can we help Empty18th October 2007, 12:35 pm

what about having some leaflets printed or something to download with welfare logo details on it which could be put into each puppy pack so the new owner are aware of the welfare and the breeder donates to it
Back to top Go down
Mandy
Mandy

PostSubject: Re: caring ddb breeders can we help   caring ddb breeders can we help Empty18th October 2007, 4:42 pm

Hiya Mark, thanks for your input, if I design a flyer all about DDB Welfare, make it available on the site for anyone to download and print off then that could be included in with 'puppy packs' and also it could be printed off by anyone who would be so kind as to put one up in local pet-shops, Vets, food stores etc etc..........your thoughts please?
Back to top Go down
LizzysDobes

Female Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-07-03

PostSubject: Re: caring ddb breeders can we help   caring ddb breeders can we help Empty19th October 2007, 3:41 am

i think thats a great idea,can anyone help me with one thing i would like to know if possible.i know what endorsements are of course but which one are breeders putting on dogue puppies to prevent breeding,is it that no matter what happens these puppies can never be bred even if they turn out to be luvly?
Back to top Go down
gemma

Female Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-07-10

PostSubject: Re: caring ddb breeders can we help   caring ddb breeders can we help Empty19th October 2007, 9:34 am

I am atively looking for a puppy and have managed to save
£ 600 so far. Does anyone know how much i will really have to pay for a nice girl. I wouldnt want to breed though and my Isaac is castrated?
Back to top Go down
Red Bordeaux
Red Bordeaux

Female Number of posts : 93

PostSubject: Re: caring ddb breeders can we help   caring ddb breeders can we help Empty19th October 2007, 10:39 am

LizzysDobes wrote:
i think thats a great idea,can anyone help me with one thing i would like to know if possible.i know what endorsements are of course but which one are breeders putting on dogue puppies to prevent breeding,is it that no matter what happens these puppies can never be bred even if they turn out to be luvly?

The endorsement you are refering to is "progeny not eligable for registration" Which means in the case of a bitch that no puppies bred from that bitch could be registered with the K/C.

Reputable breeders also give a contract with puppies, stating what requirements should be met to enable this endorsement to be lifted. ie:
A requirement for a bitch to reach a certain age before breeding or to hip and elbow score etc
Some breeders do not want pet bitches to be bred from at all and therefore will not lift endorsements at all but this should be stated in the contract and the K/C require that the signature of the buyer be obtained by the breeder to say that they understand and agree to these terms at the time of sale
Back to top Go down
http://www.labruja.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: caring ddb breeders can we help   caring ddb breeders can we help Empty

Back to top Go down

caring ddb breeders can we help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Rescue/New Homes Needed :: Rescue/New Homes Needed-
Jump to: